Thoughts that recur the day after another loss in which Louisville was in control going into the final minutes.
- Has there ever been a bigger turnaround in a player’s attitude than with Samardo Samuels. Get him the ball, he’ll do the right thing. But the go-to player not touching the ball in the last two minutes.
- Peyton Siva playing the best game of his college career. Hitting five of six shots, including four three-pointers, for 14 points. Four rebounds, four! Two steals and an assist. Three turnovers but he’s an “eraser,” offsetting them with good stuff.
- Siva leaving the game not to return at the 5:16 mark with Louisville leading 70-62. Edgar Sosa entering the game.
- Sinking feeling at the 4:19 mark Preston Knowles leaving the game, U of L clinging to 70-65 lead, Jerry Smith returning.
- Jared Swopshire with his seventh miss of eight field goal attempts at 3:47. Has he ever hit a shot with a game on the line?
- Bad form to blame officials, no matter the circumstances or the level of their competency. Frustrating.