By Charlie Springer
What kind of person buys season tickets to University of Louisville basketball games and hands them over to Kentucky fans for UofL-UK games? The question is relevant because Freedom Hall will have more than a few blue-clad partisans on Sunday. Itâ€™s inevitable.
- The self-serving boss who wants to reward customers out in the state with the ultimate gimme, tickets to the biggest game in the state. They make most of their money in Louisville but take advantage of a rare opportunity to kiss Big Blue butts.
- Transplanted brown nosing employees from out in the state who lay claim to the company tickets three months in advance.
- The Benedict Arnold types, the neuter-genders who say they like both UofL and UK but pull for Kentucky when the teams face each other.
- The spineless wimp who marries a UK fan and gives in to pleas to let the brotherâ€™s family in Burgin or Paintsville use the tickets.
- Fans who lost bets to UK fans during the last UofL-UK football game.
- The shameless hucksters who sell their tickets to the highest bidders.
- Victims of clueless people born and raised in Shively, St. Matthews and parts in between who call in favors from UofL fans who owe them big time. Their parents were UK fans so it was bred into them.
You donâ€™t have to go out of your way to be nice to UK fans in Freedom Hall. That may be asking too much. Just make up your mind that you will be courteous and civil with them. Their brains are wired a little differently that ours, and they can be a little looney.
Save your ire for the people who gave them the tickets.