About what you would expect when two teams from the top 10 get together from the toughest college basketball conference. Teams knowing which plays the opposition is going to run before coaches call them. Clinging defense. Sporadic offense. Teams not living up to fans’ expectations, win or lose.
- In many ways, Samardo Samuels personifies the spirit of this particular team, with all his up and downs, looking spectacular at times, a bit silly and inept at other times. Samuels has lots to learn, he knows it and he keeps working to get better. A little improvement here, a little there, and before you know it, he will be a dominant force down the road.
- No high-wire acts for Terrence Williams in this game, just contributing all-around. Nobody is better at finding their pivot man with those bullet passes. The man loves the game, loves his team. He is the leader, the one his teammates look up to, the one they listen to, the one who sets them straight.
- Reward time for Andre McGee who has made life hell for opposing point guards. Always smiling, optimistic, positive, he deserved, earned all those points, 16 of them, four of those three-pont swishers.
- Unpredictable that’s Earl Clark on offense. One just never knows how he’s going to perform on that end of the court and nothing surprises fans, whether he’s hitting or missing three-point shots, finishing or not finishing around the basket, completing or throwing away a pass, whatever. Just keep what you’re doing on defense, Earl, standing tall, grabbing precious rebounds. You keep life interesting, exciting even.
- Team game, Edgar Sosa. Think team, you perform better.