No illusions of superiority this game or anytime soon.
Terrence Jennings and Mike Marra sitting, watching, absorbing on the bench as the game begins. Whether they learned anything remains to be seen. This was Gardiner-Webb after all, a program with few highlights in its basketball history.
- Jennings in at 13:34 of the first half, Marra in a minute later.
- Gorgui Dieng, five rebounds in first five minutes, 10 at the half. Someone in the front line who actually goes after missed shots.
- Preston Knowles taking good shots, making most of them in a no-pressure game.
- Kyle Kuric the calming presence, letting the game come to him.
- Russ Smith nice addition. Needs more elastic or someone going to be embarrassed.
- Elisha Justice, always hustling, rarely making mistakes, but losing playing time.
A yawn-inspiring, boring game. Not much to be learned from any vantage point, whether in the stands, out on the floor or warming the bench. But definitely something to think about for the starters.