So what if the temperature is in excess of 90 degrees. The college football season has arrived. The days of a long hot summer are numbered.
The University of Louisville is kicking off the 2011 season, the first nationally televised game. Disappeared for a while but U of L is back. What Charlie Strong is doing at U of L is noteworthy. Even if the opponent is Murray State.
Cherish each game. The season goes so fast.
A few questions as kickoff time nears:
- Is a 6 p.m. start on a weeknight for the season opener a deterrent to a sellout, or are Louisville fans back on the track Bobby Petrino started?
- How long will it take for the Miami drama to affect Louisville, specifically Clint Hurtt? Losing him would be a major blow for recruiting.
- Is Victor Anderson ready to be the face of the program? Or will Jeremy Wright continue being the more productive running back? Nothing would please us more than seeing Victor return to freshman form.
- How soon will the offensive line jell? The loss of Mario Benavides doesn’t help. Remember how good Dave Ragone looked his junior season and all the beat downs he endured the following year? How durable is Will Stein?
- How plans for using three quarterbacks will work out. Little to no experience at the collegiate level. Is there is a Stefan Lefors in the mix?
- How badly the lack of experience and talent at cornerback will be felt. Some comfort knowing they will at least be lined up correctly when the ball is snapped.
- Whether the continuous improvement will be as obvious as it was last season, the least of our worries.