- The 2009 Big East bowl affiliations include a BCS game for the league champion, the Gator Bowl in Jacksonville for either the Big East runnerup, the Brut Sun Bowl in El Paso, the Meineke Care Care Bowl in Charlotte, the International Bowl in Toronto, the Papajohns.com bowl in Birmingham, and the St. Petersburg Bowl.
The arrangement with the Champs Sport Bowl in Orlando begins after the 2010 season, replacing the Gator Bowl.
- Season ticket sales have passed the 32,000 mark for the 2009 University of Louisville football season. Because of stadium expansion, seating capacity at Papa John’s will be 40,000 this season. The university reserves 5,000 seats for fans of opposing teams.
- Former Louisville All-American Angel McCoughtry was named the adidas WNBA Rookie of the Month for July, averaging 10.2 points per game. She was nearly perfect from the free throw line during this span, making all but one shot.
- The Lady Cards will play perennial power Tennessee in Knoxville on Dec.16 at 7 p.m. The Volunteers will also be the first opponent in the downtown Louisville arena in 2010.
- The Volley Cards will open against Arizona on Friday, Aug. 28 at 7 p.m. at Cardinal Arena.