More changes coming to Papa John’s
Some improvements coming in the fan experience at Louisville football games:
- Card March, the arrival of the football team at the stadium, will be two hours before each game, rather than two hours and fifteen minutes as in the past.
- The team will arrive at the entrance between the A and B sections in the Green Lot instead of the overpass, making it easier for fans in the far reaches of the lot to participate. Also eliminating some of the long distance back and forth walking.
- Players will be dressed in suit coats, blazers and ties.
- During games, fewer commercial events to disrupt the game atmosphere. One would hope that Thornton’s “Boogie Cam” gets the axe, with its focus on people who don’t care whether Louisville is winning or getting trounced. The Dean’s Milk Chugger mascot would be missed but not much.
At long last, someone on Belknap Campus has been taking notes. While they’re making changes, please consider:
- Cutting back on some of the recorded music, making the U of L band more of a factor, college atmosphere and all.
- Tell U of L band director Greg Byrne he must add everybody’s favorite fight song,Â “All Hail, U of L,” to the band’s repertoire. Apparently he refuses to play the song because it’s written by Al Greener, who directs the U of L Pep Band.
- Nix the cheerleader with the microphone before the game. A downer, more often than not.
11 thoughts on “More changes coming to Papa John’s”
My favorite is Texas roadhouse meal or no meal. Always pull for the bag of peanuts!!
The Fisher’s Bacon Makin’ people stuff is more of a turnoff than an marketing tool. Those guys need to enter the 21st century.
Hopefully we can keep schellers fitness and cycling mini balls. I have a collection of those.
Does that mean no more free T-shirts? I always wanted one of those rubber pigs that Kroger’s used to throw into the crowd.
The Cardinal Bird mascot needs to make an emphatic, enthusiastic appearance at the beginning of the second half.
People running inside hamster balls for AT&T phones always gets the crowd into it.
a good start…now, if they can do something about the overloaded promotional extravaganza that is men and women’s basketball…
i thought the Card March was 3 hours and 15 minutes prior to kick-off???
I completely agree about no more Vin Diesel wanna be trying to get a Go Cards cheer going.
I also miss the Cardinal Bird not crowd surfing through the student section anymore. They used to get him all the way to the top in the C-USA days at PJCS. I’d just like to see him do that now. LoL No way in the new expansion… I felt a little vertigo after carrying my 25 lbs toddler up to my seats in section 9, Row CC.
The reason why the band does not play all hail, is because of some drama revolving around the Pep band placement. Dr. Byrne went to Tom Jurich about the fact that pep band/marching band/cheerleading members are all supposed to get the same treatment (per diem, housing etc.) as the football/basketball team that they are following according to NCAA rules. Instead of addressing the concerns, T.J. removed Dr. Byrne from the pep band position and gave it to a previous student of his, which is the biggest reason why the new pep band has more AARP cards than the box seats, and the music quality has gone down hill.
I was a pep band student during the switch, and was very upset to see T.J. basically punish the Director for fighting for his students.
Comments are closed.