Maybe one of the bad ones is out of the system.
Just in time for UNLV, which according to Rick Pitino, is a real threat, among the best teams around, including the Big East, hitting over 50% of its shots in recent games on the road. Probably the best team that will visit the Yum Center this season.
Pitino would never exaggerate, whether it happens to be true or not.
A lackluster 61-35 win over a sad San Francisco team providing possible evidence that this Louisville basketball team is tired of playing patsies. Time to go against some contenders.
- Mike Marra under orders to keep shooting, and he does. Busy getting the bad shots out of his system. One out of ten. The law of averages better even out quickly.
- Peyton Siva proving that he does, indeed, have a three-point shot in his arsenal, bottom of the net three out of five attempts.Â Also learning to steal, four time, without collecting over two fouls for a change.
- Preston Knowles has the confidence. Hopefully the accuracy will catch up. Hitting only two of eight.
- The shots one remembers from Terrence Jennings are the bad ones. But he always contributes, his 14 points tying Siva for scoring honors.
- Elisha Justice looking pretty ordinary. Not one assist? Somebody else was looking ahead to Saturday.
- Chris Smith seems to maintain focus at all times. Had a good three-point shot, too, three of them.
Daydreaming during games is over Saturday. Get your game face on.