Jeff Walz had only seven healthy players available for action against Northern Kentucky University. With six minutes to go that number was down to five…with Tise Wright on the bench after fouling out and Ashley Rainey suffering a leg cramp. Good thing the Cards were up 70-42 and could coast in with a 25-point win, 79-54.
- Keisha Hines logged a double-double with 22 points and 14 rebounds. The junior dominated the boards on both ends of the court and only made two fouls in the game.
- Hines’ tag team partner in the paint Wright made a successful return to the court after sitting out last year with 8 points a several blocked shots. Tise may need a bit more conditioning but she still has the touch around the basket and seemed tickled to be out on the floor with the team again.
- Freshman Ashley Rainey contributed 18 points and proved to be another strong inside threat for Louisville this afternoon. Leg cramps sidelined her later in the second half but Rainey goes to the boards hard and can stroke it from outside as well.
- Nikki Burton displayed a nice outside touch as well and dropped 11 points thru the net in a starting role this afternoon. She runs the fast break with abandon and showed some outside shooting skills also.
- Mo Reid showed her ability to crash the boards and finished with eight points. Becky Burke and Rachel Story did a good job of directing the offense from the guard positions and Louisville used their superior quickness to run NKU into submission in the second half.
- Candyce Bingham and Angel McCoughtry were in attendance and drew a big cheer when introduced during a timeout. Angel signed autographs and posed for photos the entire time she was in the Hall and Bingham, now working for the Women’s FastBreak club at UofL watched the action intently from the end zone.