Kevin Keatts has signed on the line to be assistant basketball coach at the University of Louisville and the resume of the former coach at Hargrave Military Academy in Virginia is an impressive one:
- A 262-17 won-lost record in 10 seasons at Hargrave.
- Two national prep titles, three runner-finishes, and two appearances among the final four.
- A perfect 29-0 season in winning his second title.
- His teams lost one or fewer games during six seasons.
- Has coached 103 players who have received NCAA Division 1 college scholarships.
- Has coached five current NBA players at the prep level.
He joins Richard Pitino and Wyking Jones, becoming the third assistant hired by Rick Pitino in the past three days. Assistant Mark Lieberman will become the director of basketball operations.
Pitino told the Courier-Journal that what stood out with Keatts is that he had college, high school and AAU connections and was experienced with the recruiting process as the coach for the post-graduate team at Hargrave.
Let the recruiting begin.