Thus far Charlie Strong has made only one request of University of Louisville football fans: Be in your seats on time, meaning get there in plenty of time for the kickoff. He repeated that request during his annual women’s clinic Saturday.
So maybe it’s time to trot out Card Game’s annual behest of fellow fans, hoping to improve the fan experience for both the hard core attendees and people who show up at football games for whatever reason, some suggested rules of fan etiquette:
- Be in your seat before the game begins.
- Don’t walk in front of other fans in the middle of a play. Wait till the play is over, then move quickly.
- Know when to stand or not to stand.
- Don’t boo the home team.
- Keep a lid on the foul mouthing. Kids are listening.
- Keep the cliches to yourself.
- Spare us the running analysis. We’re not impressed with your knowledge of the obvious.
- If wearing headphones, don’t keep repeating what you hear on the radio.
- Don’t ask seatmates what just happened. The public address announcer will usually explain.
- Limit alcohol intake.
- Don’t leave until the game is over.