Sometimes it’s the little things that spoil the fun at football games. The worst offenders are people who would never violate etiquette at a Broadway production but routinely offend others in stadium settings.
Ten Commandments for Football Fans
- Be in your seat before kickoff. Stumbling over fans as the game begins is not cool.
- Don’t walk in front of other fans in the middle of a play. Wait for the huddle.
- Know when to stand or not to stand. Don’t be a dork.
- Don’t boo the home team.
- Keep a lid on the foul mouthing. Kids are listening.
- Keep the cliches to yourself. We’ve heard them all.
- If wearing headphones, don’t keep repeating what you hear on the radio.
- Don’t ask seatmates what just happened.Â The public address announcer will usually explain.
- Limit alcohol intake.
- Don’t leave until the game is over.