But, hey, a labor of love for a University of Louisville football fan, tracking the Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium upgrade. Expanding to 57,000 seats. A few short months ago, only 42,000 of them.
- Speaking of seats, approximately 92% of all the new chair backs have been installed. But at the rate the seats are being added, it could be down to the wire the week of Sept. 4th.
- The first pieces of the video scoreboard will be going into the iron framework on Wednesday. The process of completing the video board will take at least three weeks, according to Ken Ackermann, who’s overseeing the installation for Derby City Sign & Electric.
- The advertising ribbons have been installed on both sides of the stadium — the east side between the luxury boxes and the upper level seats, the west on the walls where the honored jerseys were displayed.
- A new 600-car parking lot is nearing completion on the east side, across Floyd Street adjacent to the Louisville Sports Report building.
- And Charlie Strong is showing off the enhanced facilities to some recruits. Big guys.
Enjoy the slideshow and video: