Sometimes it’s the little things that spoil the fun at football games. The worst offenders are people who would never violate etiquette at a Broadway production but routinely offend others in stadium settings.
- Be in your seat before the game begins. Kickoff is sacred.
- Don’t walk in front of other fans in the middle of a play. Wait till play is over, then move quickly.
- Know when to stand or not to stand. Don’t be a dork.
- Don’t boo the home team.
- Keep a lid on the foul mouthing. Kids are listening.
- Keep the cliches to yourself. We hate them.
- Spare us the running analysis. We’re not impressed with your knowledge of the obvious.
- If wearing headphones, don’t keep repeating what you hear on the radio.
- Don’t ask seatmates what just happened.Â The public address announcer will usually explain.
- Limit alcohol intake.
- Don’t leave until the game is over.
There really should be some rules, written or unwritten, that don’t have to be explained. What kind of fan behavior bothers you?